Our Grants Program
The Share grants program exists to provide financial assistance that will enhance the quality and scope of UnitingCare and Uniting Church services to the community in Victoria and Tasmania.
Share’s vision is to restore life, joy and hope to people who are disadvantaged or in crisis and we seek to fund programs that achieve this. We look to transform lives and establish stability, and our funding priorities are projects that meet at least one of the following purposes:
- Directly address urgent human need;
- Are preventative in nature;
- Tackle underlying structural causes of disadvantage; or
- Improve the quality of community services.
There are three grant categories:
1. Emergency Relief
Grants are available for up to $50,000 with allocations made based on areas of greatest need. Applications must provide evidence to support statements of working in the lowest LGA’s and include statistics regarding the number of clients currently being supported and what the additional funds will enable.
2. General Grants
Grants are available for up to $50,000 for projects conforming to the purposes as listed above. Projects may include:
- Family strengthening and early intervention programs,
- Education (including life skills),
- Counselling and advocacy,
- Asylum Seeker programs,
- Social outreach initiatives e.g. drop-in centres, men’s sheds,
- Coordination of volunteers who deliver programs.
3. A & H John’s Bequest
Grants of up to $50,000 are also available from the A & H Johns Bequest Fund which exists to provide financial assistance that will enhance the quality of life of physically disabled younger people. Only Victorian based Uniting Church organisations may apply.