Generosity made easy
If you support a number of charities then SHARE’s earmarking program is for you.
You can direct your donations to other organisations or charities through SHARE. The process of requesting that donations to SHARE be directed to other charities is known as “earmarking”.
How does Earmarking work?
- You write one cheque and list the agency or agencies that you wish to support. SHARE will then distribute the money on your behalf.
- You will receive one receipt from SHARE, and your address will not be forwarded onto the agencies therefore reducing the amount of correspondence you receive.
- If the earmarked donation is to a UnitingCare agency or program, then that organisation will also receive a bonus from SHARE.
Please don’t forget to support SHARE when you are earmarking. SHARE needs your donation as well, in order to give bonuses to other organisations and to support the CommunityCARE program.
- Vulnerable ‘pushed to poverty’
- Big jump in waiting lists for Ballarat crisis housing
- Homeless elderly feel the rent pinch